One of the fabulous benefits of having eyelash extensions is that you no longer need mascara. Having said that, there are always a few folks who just love the “mascara” look, no matter how long and thick their extensions are. If this is you (there’s no shame in it, we promise), it’s absolutely crucial to understand how to apply and cleanse your mascara properly when you have eyelash extensions.
Applying mascara on eyelash extensions requires a softer hand and a slightly different technique than you may be used to with standard mascara applications.
Applying Mascara On Eyelash Extensions:
- Allow 48 hours after any eyelash extensions procedure before applying.
- Start at the middle of the lash and gently brush mascara up towards the tips.
- Avoid the base and the bond area (where the extension is attached) and use your mascara sparingly.
Cleansing Mascara From Eyelash Extensions:
- Saturate a disposable mascara wand with an eye makeup remover formulated for eyelash extensions.
- Gently brush through the lashes to help break down mascara.
- To remove residual mascara, gently wipe Lint-Free Xtreme Applicator or Microfiber brushes on the lashes, between the lashes and across the eyelid.
- Gently rinse eyes with water and pat dry with lint-free towel/towelette.
Xtreme Lashes recommends that you only use mascaras and cleansers specifically formulated to be safe for eyelash extensions on your extended lashes. Other products may contain ingredients that can weaken the bond of your lash extensions and cause them to shed prematurely! Ask your Caryl Baker Visage Lash Stylist about eyelash extension aftercare products or check out our full line of eyelash extension safe cosmetics online!